to my 2010-2011 taxes (Follow through to earlier years and it is even more dramatic):
- My salary has almost tripled.
- Interest is almost 10 times as high.
- Foreign source income is a fraction of what it was (2010-11 included foreign employment income).
- Deductions are similar though I am now attributing some expenses to my mutual funds which I previously attributed entirely to stock investments.
- Gross tax has quadrupled and net tax is about 6 times higher with almost three times the tax rate, now at 29.51%.