Sunday, October 17, 2010

Maps to Show Where You Have Been in the World

Revanche posted a link to a website where you can produce maps of the countries and states you have visited. Here is my world map:


visited 24 states (10.6%)
Create your own visited map of The World

The problem is that borders between countries are marked with white lines. This isn't a problem for the borders between the US, Canada, and Mexico. But it is a really big problem in Europe. So there looks like there is a white space in the middle of Europe on my map where there shouldn't be one as I've been to France, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, Denmark, Switzerland, Austria, Italy etc. around that gap.

The map of US states turns out better:


visited 23 states (46%)
Create your own visited map of The United States

I excluded those states where I've only ever been at the airport (Texas, Missouri, Minnesota, Utah, Indiana, and maybe some others). Here's my map of Canada:


visited 1 states (7.69%)
Create your own visited map of Canada

I've only been to Quebec. As I haven't been to India and Brazil I couldn't do those ones. Why aren't there maps for Australia and China? That would be a good addition to the site.

1 comment:

Rafi (S) said...

Excluding places where I've only been in the airport... my map.